Edgeband Management Set
Edgeband Management Set
- Complete overview: All edge information is available at a glance. The apps and the HOMAG edgeband rack offer a permanent overview of stock. The printer can also be used to create labels for the individual labeling of each edgeband coil.
- Easy management: Clear management and unique identification of edges in the rack (incl. residual lengths). The system documents edges that are put into and taken out of storage, indicating the storage position.
- Space saving: Through vertical storage of the edgebands.
- Time saving: Reduced setup times thanks to faster edge changes and no longer having to search for edgebands.
- NEW: Efficient networking: The Edge Data Plugin enables a direct connection between your edge banding machine (e.g. EDGETEQ S-500) and the Edgeband Assistant app, via woodCommander 5. Your edge band data is transferred directly to the machine from the Edgeband Assistant app, and in return your machine automatically reports the consumption of edge band material back to the digital assistant.
What does the "Edgeband Management Set" consist of?
The following components are included in the scope of delivery:
- Two apps: "materialAssist Edge" (edgeband management in the rack) & "materialManager" (central material management in the company)
- Construction set for the "materialRack Edge" edgeband rack, available free to download
- LED strips for the "materialRack Edge" edgeband rack
- Label printer including two rolls of labels
- HOMAG CUBE (intelligent control box for connecting the rack and the printer to the Internet and the apps)
- Installation Guide #BuildYourSolution
The workflow in the workshop:
- To use the Edgeband Management Set optimally, you need two apps: materialManager (central material management) and materialAssist Edge (management of edgebands at the workstation in the workshop). You also need an edgeband rack. Every carpenter can adapt the edge rack to his individual needs – construction plans for the rack (as a suggestion from HOMAG) are included in the set.
- First, you create your edge material master data in the office in the "materialManager" web app – or you simply import it. In materialManager, you manage the complete material centrally for your company. The app always shows you the current stock and where each coil is located.
- Then, go to the edge rack and in the materialAssist app, create each of your edgeband coils. You can easily access all the information about the specific edgeband (properties, residual length) straightaway in the workshop. The corresponding labels for identifying the edgebands can also be printed directly from the app. Each label contains the corresponding ID, the edge code and the dimensions of the edge band.
- If you want to store an edgeband in your rack, the materialAssist Edge app suggests a compartment. The corresponding position in the rack is identified by the LED display that lights up.
- If you want to edge a workpiece, simply select the correct edgeband by touching it in the app or scan the corresponding code on the order papers. Here you can also see, among other things, the remaining length of the material you are looking for.
- If required, you can also display all coils of a material in an overview in the app. After selecting the edgeband in the app, the storage location is immediately indicated by LEDs lighting up on the edge rack. This makes it quick and easy to identify the correct edge coil for processing the workpiece.
- After you have edged the part, you can update the residual length in the "materialAssist" app by simply entering the value for the new remaining length in the app. Alternatively, it is possible to enter the current consumption – the app automatically calculates the new remaining length. Another option is to measure the diameter of the edge roll. The inner and outer diameters are measured. After entering the measured values, the app automatically calculates the existing remaining length, taking the edge thickness into account.
- The total length of each edge material and the number of rolls created are updated in "materialManager" simultaneously. You therefore always have an overview of your material.
Book a live presentation
Book your appointment and experience your solution live in action. As an on-site event in our showroom or as an online event from the comfort of your home. We will advise you to your personalized requirements. The choice is yours!
Edgeband Management Set
Our newsletter: Keep up to date!
What's new? Find out with just one click - each month you will receive the latest information on market trends, product news and developments, trade fairs and our customers' experiences.